I am a bit late to this party on this, but podcasts are great.
There is just something about short form audio shows that is pretty great. I started with the incredible show Serial, and nothing has been the same since.
What became obvious once I started finding more shows to listen to is that I needed a way to manage them and keep track of new episodes without having to think about it.
One of my wonderful co-workers suggested this app to me
Some of the features:
- Keeps track of all of your podcasts
- Get updates to easily download new episodes
- Discover new podcasts by category or popularity
- Have files automaticly delete themselves after you are finished listening
- Back up your subscriptions
It is a bit difficult to figure out where all of the important settings, so here are some tips on getting it configured:
- Settings > Update: includes the option to automatically refresh your list of podcasts.
- Settings > Network: set to only download files via Wi-Fi
- Settings > Playlist:
- Automatic Playlist: adds newly downloaded episodes to your playlist
- Add newer episodes first
- Settings > Automatic Cleanup > Once listened to: deletes episodes once listened to
- Menu > “+” lets you find new podcasts by “Search engine” or “Discover”
There are tons more settings, but those above are the ones that have helped me so far.
Bonus: Sarah’s favourite podcasts: