West Vancouver Memorial Library
Head of Technology
2018 – present
Manages the Technology Department for the West Vancouver Memorial Library, leading the development of the Library’s digital strategy and digital services.
Oversee and coordinate the work of the staff who are responsible for all library systems and discovery services, including the ILS, public computing and digital learning.
- Library operating reports and statistics
- Personal Information Inventory
- Service model comparison over time
- Library visitor and outreach survey
- Technology Trends Research Paper
- Technology Community Engagement
- Digital Life Skills Service Model Outcomes Assessment
- Supervise Digital Exerperience Coordinator and Systems Librarian
- Lead, Ebook Stakeholders Committee
Library Services Coordinator – Digital Experience
2017 – 2018
Primary responsibilities are to supervise Digital Experience Team and participate in the planning and delivery of public digital services and staff technology training.
- Supervise Digital Experience Team which includes Digital Access Librarian(s), and Community Computing Centre Public Service Assistants.
- Develop, implement, and assess Digital Life Skills Curriculum Framework.
- The Lab project coordination.
- Oversee technology kit planning, implementation and assessment.
- Lead, Ebook Stakeholders Committee.
Collect and report library quarterly, mid-year, and annual statistics.
Digital Access Librarian
2013 – current
Primary responsibilities are to create connections between physical and digital experiences; support digital content creation; support staff through technology training; increase ease of access to ebook collections; and work with public device collections.
- Select, coordinate, and implemented mobile device management system
- Plan, create, and offer staff technology training on topics such as ebooks, hardware troubleshooting, social media, online security, technology trends,
- Completed a comparative statistical analysis of library activity across BC and elsewhere in Canada.
- Participated in strategic planning white paper planning, research, and process for 21st century learning and youth as well as technology trends.
- Completed statistical analysis on the results of the library onsite and web surveys.
- Planned, implemented and reported on a study of the Technical Services Department’s workflows.
- Planned and implemented Pop-up Library Kit for off-site programs
- Planned and implemented MaKey-MaKey and Raspberry Pi kits for circulation from the Youth Department.
- Piloted Library URL shortener, booklist stickers, genre Kindle shelf-talkers
- Reviewed e-reader lending program and revitalized through re-aligning program with community needs,
- BiblioCommons Lead
- Develop and lead staff technology training program through assessment, planning, documentation and developing and running training sessions, including piloting a digital badge program.
- Plan, create, and offer technology programming for the public on current trends and digital content creation, such as social media, ebooks, self-publishing, and blogging.
- Assist with Youth planning and programming around technology, such as Makey-Makeys, Raspberry Pis, and App Club.
- Provide customer service at multiple information desks, for computer and technology support, as well as Reader’s Advisory and Reference Services.
- Member of Ebook Stakeholders Group, Database Stakeholder Group, Web Steering Committee, Social Media Team.
- Maintain library statistics on library digital services.
British Columbia Library Trustees Association
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Analyse survey results and create reports on Chief Librarians and Trustees.
West Vancouver Memorial Library
Public Services Assistant, Community Computing Centre
2009 – 2013
- Created, designed, implemented and executed the on-going basic computer literacy classes for patrons on topics such as Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet and database search techniques, social media sites and software, privacy and the management of eReaders and eBooks.
- Assisted in the creation and launch of the Kindle lending program and manage the program in an on-going capacity.
- Support the library’s device petting zoos, and the staff device library.
- Created patron support documents and resources for computer literacy, troubleshooting computer-based issues and Internet safety.
- Assisted in the creation of a procedures manual for staff staff training, troubleshooting and policy documents surrounding technology and the Community Computing Centre.
- Supported the selection and implementation of new software, such as Microsoft Office 2007, Evanced RoomReserve and Library Anywhere.
- Provided customer service assistance for the public computers, library mobile apps, personal laptops and eReaders.
- Trained new staff to the Community Computing Centre and provided feedback for performance appraisals for other staff in the department.
- Managed the reference and circulating computer book collections.
- Coordinated meeting room bookings, payments and staff training on meeting room reservation software.
- Maintained statistics for the Community Computing Centre, WVML library website and mobile applications.
- Member of the Social Media Team. Participated in the Information Technology Trends Committee from 2009 – 2010.
- Monitor the consumer and library technology landscape on an ongoing basis.
Graduate Resource Centre at Faculty of Information & Media Studies, UWO
January 2012 – August 2012
- Assisted in circulation & shelving. Basic computer assistance.
- Created custom Facebook tabs. Created online meeting room booking system using MRBS. Created online equipment booking system. Created mobile website. Updated eReader documentation, set up eReader Lending Program.
West Vancouver Memorial Library
Library Assistant, Circulation
- Provided customer service assistance including patron loans.
- Taught basic computer literacy classes on the internet as well as library databases.
- Coordinated and supervised the patron drop-in computer assistance lab which included troubleshooting digital cameras, scanners, personal email and social networking queries.
Surrey Public Library
- Provided customer service assistance with patron borrowing, reserves and fines.